Ender series (Bean Saga) Review



There’s nothing more pure and cruel as a child” says Jet Black in the cult classic anime Cowboy Bebop. This might seem quite paradoxical and totally contrary to our opinion of children as the paragons of all human virtue. But if we think of it, it actually makes sense. Innocence and lack of guile, which are the key virtues of a child, also gives the child immense power to commit acts of terrible cruelty without a hint of hesitance or remorse. In real life, probably we do not come across these instances so much because children are too weak and their actions tend to be restricted by adults. But a closer observation of their behavior with insects and smaller animals will probably bring out the point. Read the rest of this post here on my dedicated science fiction blog.

4 comments:

Stan Szczesny said...

I read Ender's Game several years ago. It was alright, but I didn't feel the sort of entrancement or the insight that I find in a real master, so I didn't read other books in the series. Life is short. I thought your assessment of the character development was accurate.

T F Carthick said...

Thanks Stand. Probably the serious reader may give the Ender series a skip. But not for the science fiction/fantasy buff and the general reader can also find it quite entertaining.

Roger Owen Green said...

children can be cruel; I still remember...
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

T F Carthick said...

I wonder what you remember, ROG. Thanks for reading and commenting on my post.

Post a Comment

Kind words of appreciation/feedback

For whom the bell tolls

A book of faces