Vantage Points - Part 7

The concluding part - How it all looks to an outsider.


Kaveri

They look so beautiful together. Such a happy couple! I can see so much love and happiness effusing out of their faces. You can see this kind of ecstasy only in love marriages. Love marriages have become so much easier these days. How tough it used to be in our times. Apparently Ashwin informed his father and my brother instantly gave his assent. No long struggle to convince parents like my times. How lucky Ashwin is! How worry free and go lucky this current generation is! Yet he seems to have a slightly worried look on his face. Maybe he is already thinking about all the family responsibilities that come with marriage. It is good to see he is already thinking about that.

Vasu and Sandhya are looking a bit hassled though. It must be due to all the strain of organizing the wedding. They have to entertain so many guests. So many friends they both have! Talking of friends, I do not see Krishnan’s family anywhere. I wonder how come they are not their at their best friends’ function. One of Vasu’s friends was mentioning Krishnan’s daughter is also getting engaged next week. They must be busy with that.  Everyone has different priorities. Anyways that is none of my business. Let me enjoy my nephew’s wedding and share in their moment of joy.

First Part of Story         :  Vantage Points: Part 1  
Previous Part of Story   :  Vantage Points: Part 6

21 comments:

Rickie said...

Interesting storytelling technique, K. Somehow I was expecting a much more dramatic close, though.

T F Carthick said...

Thanks, Rickie. HC had wanted a real life story. So I wrote based on real life incidents. So only innovation I could do was in the story telling technique.

Nabanita said...

Loved it...especially they way you have written the story...it is a great read TF..

N.S.Kirti said...

Well, this is as realistic as a story can get TF! The Ashwin's part brought everything out in proper light and the ending, though not dramatic is very realistic and well explained. Really liked the story and very much waiting to read the second one as well!

T F Carthick said...

Thanks Kirti. Glad you liked it. Ending was just a closure. Not really meant to give a twist in the tale.

T F Carthick said...

Thanks a lot, Naba.

the little princess said...

great story man! very well written!

C Suresh said...

God save me TF! Does every short story HAVE to have a twist in the tail? :) Rickie too wants dramatic finishes :) I feel like I am in a minority of one in thinking that Bollywood drama is a crappy read :)

T F Carthick said...

Suresh - Actually I guess even I would have been like the others till you convinced me that a tale is good enough even without twisting its tail.

T F Carthick said...

Thanks a lot little Princess.

Jyotsna Bhatia said...

Well written.. And ofcourse, a fresh storytelling technique I came across.. :)

T F Carthick said...

Thanks a lot. Glad you liked it.

Rachna said...

The story was nice but like others I also expected some twist in the end.

T F Carthick said...

Thanks Rachna. Since this was written as a story, this would just be more like an epilogue. The last but one post was the real ending. But when publishing as a series of posts, that one was long enough. Did not want to club this one with that. But Yes - Making readers wait form one more day and having nothing new in last section must have been disappointing.

Anonymous said...

Read the whole story. Amazing.
This concept is really good and interesting, one just doesn't feel bored, coz you know there's some new angle to the story. But I guess, you could have elaborated on the concluding part, that would have been a real killer!!

But overall, a really good write-up.

T F Carthick said...

Thanks a lot. Concluding part was actually just a wrap up - There was really no additional content.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.. but I loved this concept of story telling. Actually, the movie with the same name is one of my favourite as well. :)

Parvathy said...

Reading this was indeed amazing ! :) The narration is simply superb , though the last part could've been something even better . But loved it . Kudos :)

T F Carthick said...

Thanks, Paravathy. Every did expect something new to happen in the last part.

Jayashree Srivatsan said...

Love and relationships are pretty complex things . Nice story TF. it's a simple story told in a different style but for romance genre some intensity seems to be a little missing.

T F Carthick said...

Thanks for the feedback, Jayashree. It tended to get a bit more psyche exploration of different characters. Hopefully I have done a better job in my other entry for the contest - I will be releasing it on my blog next month.

Post a Comment

Kind words of appreciation/feedback

For whom the bell tolls

A book of faces