Gold Fever

Genre writing is a highly personal thing. Some people find humor tough to write. For me, humor and fantasy is easy. It is romance, action and horror that are tough for me. Thanks to publisher's romance contests, I attempted romance. I attempted action in a joint writing venture I am planning with a few friends. And now I get a chance to attempt horror. Thanks to this month's exercise for Indifiction Workshop. Even though one may not become am expert in every genre, every genre teaches you something that helps you improve your writing in general and gives you some skill that may come in handy while writing the genre of your choice.

Click here to read my take for this exercise. Would love to know what people think of my attempt. The credit for framing this time's exercise goes to Jayashree Srivastan. The exercise can be found here.

For people who are hearing about Indifiction Workshop for the first time, we are a  group of aspiring fiction writers who are trying to jointly hone our fiction writing skills. If you want to join, here is the link to our Facebook group. It is a closed group and membership needs to be approved. To avoid spammers, we allow only known people. So if I do not know you personally, please leave me a comment on this post expressing your desire to join in and I will approve your request for the group.

4 comments:

Jyotsna Bhatia said...

Hey there !! I would like to be a part of this group..

T F Carthick said...

Please request to join on the Facebook group and I will approve. Mention to me in a comment if you are requesting by any name other than Jyotsna Bhatia.

Ankita Singhal said...

Hey TF.. For me Fantasy and Romance is easy but Too much romance spoils it. I have "10 shades of life' and I'll be reading it soon. :)
Thank you for Indifiction Workshop Info.

T F Carthick said...

Thanks Ankita - Looking forward to your feedback on my story in '10 shades of life'. Do join the Indifiction group by sending a request through your facebook id. Since you are not my Facebook friend, I may not be able to add you directly.

Post a Comment

Kind words of appreciation/feedback

For whom the bell tolls

A book of faces